Toronto Transit Commission (TTC) Capital Infrastructure Projects
Comtech is currently supporting the Toronto Transit Commission (TTC) in the provision of Program and Project Management and Multidisciplinary Engineering consulting services for various TTC capital-funded transit facilities, infrastructure upgrades and expansion projects. We are providing consulting services for multiple TTC bus and subway station renovations, new maintenance and storage facilities, track work and facility modification, renovation and modernization. Some examples of these projects include:
- Union Station Renovation and Modernization Program will add a second subway platform and expand the concourse to include a single TTC fare-paid area and pedestrian by-pass routes, and reduce overcrowding and improve passenger circulation.
- Wilson Yard Expansion Project is a facilities expansion that will accommodate the needs for increased Toronto Rocket (TR) train storage and as a result of stemming from the introduction of the Toronto-York Spadina Subway Extension (TYSSE) and increasing service demands on Line 1 (Yonge University Spadina).
- Leslie Street Track Connection will provide a link between the Ashbridges Bay Maintenance and Storage Facility and the existing TTC streetcar network on Queen Street.
- Woodbine Station Modernization improvements will include making the station accessible for customers with all levels of mobility, building a second exit to enhance customer convenience and safety, and other general upgrades and repairs.
Over the last decade, Comtech has been providing engineering, program and project management and technical services supporting multiple capital projects for various TTC divisions including the TTC Engineering Construction and Expansion Group; the TTC Project Procurement Section of the Materials and Procurement Department; the TTC Purchasing & Sales Section of the Materials and Procurement Department; the TTC Engineering Controls Divisio and the TTC Engineering Design Division, to name a few. We are providing a proven consulting framework built on experienced technical resources, a foundation of proven best practices and cutting-edge tools.
Leveraging the depth of our professional resources and extensive project delivery experience, Comtech is providing the TTC with the range of following multidisciplinary services including but not limited to:
- Owner's Representative Services
- Program and Project Controls Services
- Multidisciplinary Engineering Services
- Contract Management and Administration
- Contract Change Management
- Claims Analysis & Dispute Resolution
- Engineering Controls and Technical Support
- CADD Support
- Design Standards Management
- Engineering Design Application Support
- Technical Review Coordination
- Specification Writing
- Purchasing Procurement Services