Metrolinx PMIS Implementation (Unifier)
Metrolinx’s utilization of an industry best practice and a dynamic suite of program and project management information systems has been instrumental to its continued success in delivering its $50+ billion urban rapid transit portfolio. This includes the utilization of industry best practice enterprise-level Project Management Information Systems (PMIS) processes, systems, and tools. A PMIS is an effective and dynamic set of integrated tools that can be considered the backbone of program and project delivery. Operating on Built on a foundation of proven processes, cutting-edge program management applications and a spirit of open partnership and collaboration, we are delivering the following benefits to Metrolinx through our PMIS implementation:
- Enabling integrated infrastructure planning, scheduling, cost control, contract management, reporting, risk mitigation, compliance and reporting.
- Enabling real-time visibility and traceability of program/project data and information through comprehensive program control applications, business intelligence systems and reporting capabilities.
- Providing immediate program and project insight, information and reporting that is driving proactive, data-driven decision making.
- Maintaining a single source of truth with a centralized program/project information providing complete visibility to monitor and track progress and key performance indicators.
- Serving as a foundation for implementing best practices, methodologies and lessons learned that mitigate scope, schedule, financial, compliance and reputational risks.
Comtech has been leading the development and implementation of the integrated PMIS for the Metrolinx Capital Projects Group (CPG) for over seven years. Comtech was selected by Metrolinx to provide implementation and integration services for Metrolinx’s enterprise-wide PMIS solution. The solutions’ suite of tools includes a variety of applications in the Metrolinx enterprise-wide implementation such as Unifier, Primavera P6, and EcoSys, Oracle BI, Custom reporting database, and custom web portal.
The Comtech program management and business systems team is leveraging current best practices developed from a structured and successful implementation of the CPG's suite of integrated Program Management and Project Controls tools. Comtech is providing the following Services to Metrolinx relating to the PPM implementation:
- Assessment of Current Status: The existing build-out of the existing PMIS solution requires investigation and evaluation as it is anticipated that there are several processes, designs, and/or configuration items that can be imported into the existing CPG system, which would provide value to the overall roll-out. This includes Business Process Definition and Re-Engineering
- Organizational Change Management: Following the assessment of the current instance, our Business Systems team will undertake an effort to customize and enhance the business processes/workflows within the CPG Unifier as well as other improvements and enhancement to Ecosys and P6 existing solution.
- Implementation: This process consists of scoping the implementation and setting expectations, providing those customizations or enhancements that are required for each Business Unit, data mapping and reconciliation of data structure gaps, developing training manuals, conducting user support, delivery of advanced training, development of reports and go-live activities.
- P6 Implementation: The Comtech Business Systems team will commence the implementation of P6.
- EcoSys Implementation: CPG is utilizing EcoSys in the areas of capital planning, project budgeting, and project forecasting. Our team will expand EcoSys to all Metrolinx Business units (PRESTO, Station Services, and Business Technology (I & IT).
- PMIS/Business Systems Support for over 5,000 Users in the Metrolinx Capital Projects Group Environment
- Quality Assurance and Quality Control
- Stakeholder Management and Communications
- Training and Knowledge Transfer Management