Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) Rehabilitation Project – 875 Heron Rd.
In 2020, Comtech was selected by Public Works and Government Services Canada (PWGSC) as part of a multidisciplinary Technical Advisory (TA) team providing services to modernize a Crown-owned office complex at 875 Heron Road (Ottawa Taxation Campus Headquarters and Data Centre) in the City of Ottawa, Ontario. PWGSC plans to undertake the work through a Public-Private Partnership (P3) model.
This partnership will undertake the financing, design, construction and, potentially, the long-term maintenance of the facility. Comtech, selected as the TA, will be required to provide various architectural, engineering, and related services to PWGSC in support of the P3 Consortium procurement and delivery. Comtech will support the two initial phases of the project and possibly the remaining phases depending on the viability related to the Design-Build-Finance (DBF) procurement model.
Comtech provides a full scope of Technical Advisory Services for the CRA Rehabilitation Project - 875 Heron Road. This Rehabilitation project is divided into four phases:
- Phase I (Pre-Procurement) includes collecting and reviewing the existing project documentation, conducting technical studies, developing a schematic design, creating Class C cost estimates, supporting the development of the procurement options analysis approvals, and developing Project Specific Output Specifications in addition to other Project Agreement schedules to be included in the P3 Consortium RFP.
- Phase II (P3 Consortium Procurement) involves assisting PWGSC during the P3 Consortium procurement process, including attendance at proponent meetings, responding to proponent questions, drafting amendments to procurement documents, participating in the proposal evaluations, support in the drafting of the Project Agreement and Commercial Close.
- Phase III (Design & Construction) requires that the TA provides long-term services related to maintenance and facilities management in the P3 model. This involves assisting PWGSC during the design and construction of the facility by the P3 Consortium, including reviewing the design documents and carrying out PWGSC’s monitoring and oversight responsibilities during construction, addressing deficiencies and commissioning. This phase is contingent on whether the Design-Build-Finance (DBF) is the optimal model following a Value-for-Money (VfM) analysis, and whether the project team obtains the requisite approvals.
- Phase IV (Post-Construction) is the post-construction which includes overseeing the P3 Consortium in the creation of closeout documents, occupancy of the building and verification of the performance of building systems. The Project duration is anticipated to be approximately ten and a half years, from February 2020 to July 2030, in the approved two-stage construction implementation strategy
Comtech’s additional services for the inclusion of long-term Facility Management and Construction include the following, but are not limited to:
- Owner’s Representation Services
- RFx Specification Development Tendering and Evaluation
- Construction and Contractor Oversight
- Contract Management and Contract Administration
- Facilities Planning and Management
- Business Process Analysis and Re-Engineering
- Technical Writing
- Risk Management
- Project Reporting
- Stakeholder Management
- Document Control
- Audit & Compliance
- Quality Assurance and Quality Control
- Strategic Advisory and Review of Engineering Works
- Design Review and Approval
- Construction Oversight and Monitoring